Tarmac Driveways & Tar and Shingle Driveways
Used for driveways, car parks, foot paths, playgrounds and more, tarmac is a versatile, robust, practical and good value surface material. Key to a long-lasting surface though is the skill in laying it, ensuring the foundations and drainage are suitable and effective.
If you’re not sure whether tarmac is the right surface for your project, we’ll fully explain your options with the pros and cons.
Tarmac can be black or red, with the colour depending on your taste and what suits your property.
Benefits of tarmac driveways
- Cost effective
- Smooth and smart
- Comes in different colours
- Hard wearing and long lasting if laid by specialists to a high-quality standard
- Relatively quick to lay compared to other surface materials
Tar and shingle driveways
If you’re looking for an alternative to tarmac, you may want to consider tar and shingle. Tar and shingle drives are a popular, more affordable option, that give the appealing look of a gravel driveway. With the flexibility to choose your shingle, you can opt for the size and colour that suits your property, and we’ll expertly lay the tar and shingle surface over your existing base which may be concrete or tarmac.
Benefits of tar and shingle driveways
- Variety of colours and sizes of shingle available
- Low maintenance
- Affordable prices
- Result is effective and attractive
Why LA Surfacing?
- We only take on one job at a time. So we’re solely focused on you – no disruptions, no distractions, just a seamless, professional, dedicated project delivery
- Free no-obligation quotations
- Courteous, polite, honest and trustworthy personal demeanour
- Experienced in all aspects of driveway and patio installation
- Wide range of services available including ongoing maintenance
- Tidy and respectful of your property
- High number of referrals and word of mouth recommendations
- Exceptional Checkatrade reviews
- Small family business
- Full public liability insurance